- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
CMS & Joint Commission Standards: Resolving Patient Complaints in 2010 Webinar Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Patient complaints and grievances have the potential to turn into lawsuits. And upset patients can spread the word of their negative experience to other current and potential patients. Do you know what it takes to comply with the latest CMS Grievances and Joint Commission Complaints standards and improve patient satisfaction in your healthcare organization? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
Keys to 2010 compliance- CMS Grievance & TJC Complaint Standards
Resolving patient complaints- 6 required Joint Commission elements
- Notification of patient rights- how to ensure compliance
- Policies & procedures to ensure prompt complaint resolution
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the tools to effectively respond to patient complaints and ensure compliance with CMS & the 2010 Joint Commission Standards.
- Latest Joint Commission Standard on Complaints - Are You in Compliance?
- What is and is NOT considered a "complaint" in the eyes of TJC?
- Governing boards & the complaint process- roles & responsibilities
- Timeline requirements for reviewing & responding to grievances
- Notification of Patient Rights: How, When, & What You Must Provide
- Providing notice of patient rights- What are the CMS requirements?
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys- standards hospitals must know & follow
What are latest rules for properly documenting notification of rights?
- Grievance Policies & Processes Your Hospital Must Implement & Enforce
- Verbal vs. written requests & how you must respond to each
- Special considerations for "Staff Present" Grievances You Must Know
- What are your obligations if the complaint is NOT from your patient?
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific patient complain and grievance questions answered by our expert speaker.
Sue Dill Calloway, RN, MSN, JD has been a nurse attorney and medical-legal consultant for more than 30 years. She has presented numerous educational programs for nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals on topics such as patient safety, Joint Commission, CMS, and HIPAA issues.
- Sue is the Director of Hospital Patient Safety with The Doctors Company and OHIC Insurance Company. She is on the board for the Emergency Medicine Patient Safety Foundation. She has authored over 100 books and thousands of articles. She has written over 100 books and over thousands of articles including the book on the Compliance guide to the CMS and Joint Commission Patient Rights standards.
- She has past experience as a nursing professor, medical malpractice defense attorney, and director of health policy and risk management for eight years for the Ohio Hospital Association. She is also past VP of legal services, compliance officer and privacy officer for a community hospital. She was also part of the patient safety committee and involved in risk management activities.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.